WP5’s main goal is to ensure the proposed storage pilots meet the best safety and performance standards, with no significant risk of leakage or damage.
- Provide the methodological framework for the safety and performance analysis; methods based on best practice in risk management and decision analysis.
- Apply risk management workflow to the three promising regions and make recommendations to guide implementation of the pilots
- Safety objectives to follow the EU CCS directive: “no significant risk of leakage or damage to human health or the environment”.
- Main safety objectives are: containment of stored CO2; limit the impact to health or environment due to leakage; prevent water contamination; manage pressure build up in the formation.
- Main performance objectives are: ensure sufficient capacity in the reservoirs; maintain injectivity; and keep costs reasonable to support CCS deployment at scale